Thursday 16 February 2012

Game Review: Bulletstorm


Hey. Have some gaming goodness.

I love Bulletstorm. I find it extremely hard to nitpick about it as there is hardly anything to nitpick about. This game is almost perfectly balanced. The violence is gratuitous, but in a comical way as opposed to disgusting gore as in Dead Space or a similar game. The graphics are crystal clear and the slightly thicker outline somewhere between Borderland's semi-celshading and normal graphics produces a great effect. The plot is original and interesting, it's the first good Science Fiction plot for a game that I've ever played or heard of. The combat controls are great and it feels like wearing a second skin when you fight in Bulletstorm. The last great thing about Bulletstorm is the skillshot system. This is a very original idea and the satisfaction of collecting new skillshots is a great feeling. Any game that rewards you for impaling someone on a spike is already a great game in my book. The moment I got the skillshot database I realized that no other thing in my life could interfere with my ultimate goal- collecting every single skillshot in the game.

This is about as much fun as a game can give you. Bulletstorm is worth whatever you spend on it. Buy this game. Now.

Plus: Fun- Awesome Graphics-Original- Combat System
Minus: Nothing

Score: 93/100
Verdict: Play this. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment